How to migrate XF installation to a new domain?

maxwolfie

Basically I'm looking at "re-branding" my existing website/XenForo installation. Same host, I can just point the new domain to my current host.

Is it straightforward? I'm not particularly savy when it comes to managing SQL databases or anything like that.

It's rather simple, just point the new domain to your current hosting account and change the board details in the ACP.

Your host should be able to help with pointing the new domain to your current account.

It's rather simple, just point the new domain to your current hosting account and change the board details in the ACP.

Your host should be able to help with pointing the new domain to your current account.

The vhosts will need to be updated to serve to the new url, unless he just uses a CNAME doing it that way.

Correct. No db stuff if it's the same server / hosting account.
Thanks Jake, all seemed to be going well until I received an error when trying to email my users via AdminCP:

Code:
Server Error

fwrite() [function.fwrite]: send of 6 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
fwrite() in Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php at line 324
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_send() in Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php at line 385
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->quit() in Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php at line 144
Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->__destruct() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hackslas/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I only literally just swapped it all around. Perhaps it needs some time to "think"?

Top Bottom