• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

How to Make Style Preview Thumbnails

I personally don't see what the problem is. it's a guide (for how this feature is now) on how to make the best of it. Simple as that.

Done differently, there would be a control to allow you to upload a style preview image when editing a style. We'll have that eventually, but we're too far into the 1.0.0 cycle to do it now.
I see what you mean. Regardless, the way it works now is fine.

I personally don't see what the problem is. it's a guide (for how this feature is now) on how to make the best of it. Simple as that.

I must agree. The fact that we are able to even have previews of a style is leaps and bounds above options available with other software. I think in our excitement, there are times when one forgets just how short of a time that xF has been out. The performance is deceptive that way. Great efforts Mike and Kier, thanks.

Done differently, there would be a control to allow you to upload a style preview image when editing a style. We'll have that eventually, but we're too far into the 1.0.0 cycle to do it now.
I appear to have gone mental. There's no way to access the style properties of another style right now, so that approach won't work after all., sorry.

I do have something I'd like to put into a future version to make this much easier, but to do it properly requires more time than we have right now.

any chance that this will be included in 1.1?:)

This is fantastic, the only problem I ran into was using the example to the letter, I didn't realise I was using a relative path so when the preview didn't work in the other styles I was really scratching my head as to why lol

All sorted and thank you.

Works like a charme. No need to build this into a admin feature, I think. You do this only once.

Top Bottom