XF 1.3 How to make "Signature" into clickable Links without BB-Code ?

erich37

when entering a URL or an E-mail into the "Signature", then the user needs to use "BB code" in order to turn his URL or E-mail into click-able Links.

IS there a way to make "Links" (URLs) and "E-mails" to be automatically linked (click-able), so that user does not need to use "BB-codes" ?

Many thanks!

The same auto-linking behavior happens to signatures as it does in posts. If it's not working for you, you may have set it so that links can't be used in the signature.

I have set the Signature-permissions to "Allow Links" all in green (allowed) for all usergroups.
However, when I enter a Signature for a user (Admin entering a Signature via backend for a user at Tab named "Profile Info") then the entered URL and E-mail-address are not being "linked / clickable".

Not sure what I am doing wrong... ?

I have set all values to "unlimited", but the URLs and E-mails are not showing as "Links".

Strange..... :confused:

Can somebody test this please ?

Last edited:
Well I couldn't reproduce it locally. If you manually enter the BB code does it work? Also, please use the permission analyzer to confirm that the values are set as you expect.

when I enter the BB-code, then the URLs and Emails are being "linked" fine.

analyzer:

analyzer.gif

I have these settings for all "User Groups" (Admin, Moderators, Registered Members):

signature_permissions.gif

I am also showing Signatures to "Guests":

sig_guests.gif

Last edited:
I think I found the issue:

I am entering the URL (e.g.: www.yahoo.com) as part of the Signature from the backend.
Meaning: I am entering the URL into the "Signature-field in the ACP".

So this URL and E-mail will not be "linked" without using BB-code.

When I enter the "Signature URL and Email" from the frontend as a user, then it is being "linked" fine.

sig_from_backend.gif

I am entering the URL (e.g.: www.yahoo.com) as part of the Signature from the backend.
Meaning: I am entering the URL into the "Signature-field in the ACP".

So this URL and E-mail will not be "linked" without using BB-code.
That shouldn't matter. I entered a URL without BB Code via the ACP for a user, then checked on the forums and the URL was linked as expected.

Top Bottom