1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How to make "Signature" into clickable Links without BB-Code ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Aug 9, 2014.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

when entering a URL or an E-mail into the "Signature", then the user needs to use "BB code" in order to turn his URL or E-mail into click-able Links.

IS there a way to make "Links" (URLs) and "E-mails" to be automatically linked (click-able), so that user does not need to use "BB-codes" ?

Many thanks!

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The same auto-linking behavior happens to signatures as it does in posts. If it's not working for you, you may have set it so that links can't be used in the signature.

3. erich37

I have set the Signature-permissions to "Allow Links" all in green (allowed) for all usergroups.
    However, when I enter a Signature for a user (Admin entering a Signature via backend for a user at Tab named "Profile Info") then the entered URL and E-mail-address are not being "linked / clickable".

Not sure what I am doing wrong... ?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What are these values set to?

upload_2014-8-9_13-41-18.png

5. erich37

I have set all values to "unlimited", but the URLs and E-mails are not showing as "Links".

Strange..... :confused:

Can somebody test this please ?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  6. Mike

Well I couldn't reproduce it locally. If you manually enter the BB code does it work? Also, please use the permission analyzer to confirm that the values are set as you expect.

7. erich37

when I enter the BB-code, then the URLs and Emails are being "linked" fine.

analyzer:

analyzer.gif

I have these settings for all "User Groups" (Admin, Moderators, Registered Members):

signature_permissions.gif

I am also showing Signatures to "Guests":

sig_guests.gif

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  8. Mike

Well, let's clarify something. Can you reproduce this here?

9. erich37

I think I found the issue:

I am entering the URL (e.g.: www.yahoo.com) as part of the Signature from the backend.
    Meaning: I am entering the URL into the "Signature-field in the ACP".

So this URL and E-mail will not be "linked" without using BB-code.

When I enter the "Signature URL and Email" from the frontend as a user, then it is being "linked" fine.

sig_from_backend.gif

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That shouldn't matter. I entered a URL without BB Code via the ACP for a user, then checked on the forums and the URL was linked as expected.