XF 1.5 How to make other user "Super Administrator".

sajal

Atm, I've "admin" user with user-id 1 in the system as a "Super Administrator". I want to make other user "Super Administrator" and remove the rights from default "admin" user.

I checked that XF doesn't allow me to delete default "Super administrator" user account. Also, it doesn't provide any feature to make other user super-administrator.

Any thoughts?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Super admins are defined by the comma-delimited list of user IDs in the config.php file. You can add a user there (who's already an admin) and they'll become a super admin. You can then remove the existing user ID if you wish.

Janderfu

Rather than start a new thread, I'll bring this one back to life. I've edited the config.php to include my userid, 237. However, I still do not have SuperAdmin access. I'm getting errors saying I need to be a super administrator in order to access this page.

halp?

Janderfu

I got it to work. For some reason a comma wouldn't do it. I actually had to copy the actual text posted in that other thread and paste it into the config.php from there I was able to change the UserID to mine, save it, and it worked. Is there something special about the commas used that I'm not understanding?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You likely used an invalid character - there are various different ones, depending on the editor used - ' ` ‘