How to make layouts?

Gabby

Howdy Folks,
I was just wondering if someone could tell me how to make custom layouts?

Thank you

Gabby

Do you have a test board setup?

If so just play around in that and when you get something you like you can alter the template on your main site.

You know how to edit a template, at least you didn't say you didn't when I answered the question about the login drop down! ;)

You're talking about making new layouts... Maybe it's best to start simple.

Initially it might be best to check the Resource Manager for something that matches your needs.

Then, if you're interested in learning you could start asking questions here like "how can I make this, look like this?".

Alternatively, if you have no interest in doing it yourself, someone might be able to make one for you. If you have a good idea of what you want. I can help with that if you're interested as can many others here if you have a budget.

Hope that helps :D

Ok. so I want my forum to be full width, no sidebars. would I just delete the sidebar stuff in that template. Urgg. So sorry for being such a goof. My technical skills consist mainly of pointing and clicking. LOL

You know how to edit a template, at least you didn't say you didn't when I answered the question about the login drop down! ;)

You're talking about making new layouts... Maybe it's best to start simple.

Initially it might be best to check the Resource Manager for something that matches your needs.

Then, if you're interested in learning you could start asking questions here like "how can I make this, look like this?".

Alternatively, if you have no interest in doing it yourself, someone might be able to make one for you. If you have a good idea of what you want. I can help with that if you're interested as can many others here if you have a budget.

Hope that helps :D

LOL yes I can find the template and remove or add things but make a new template is something I have no clue how to do. I'll look at the resource manager again. Thankee.

P.S. in the control panel it says, "upload template", so I thought there were pre-made ones I could download or buy.. I dunno what I'm doing most of the time. :eek:

Well a style (layout) is a collection of templates.

So yeah, there are pre-made ones you can download or buy: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/styles.29/

That's the relevant category.

You'll just download one, upload it, and in admin CP > Styles > click Import a style and select the XML file that will be in with the style download.

Then you can edit the templates to make it look more like you want, or just change colours in Style Properties.

But yeah, start with something pre-made first then you can ask for more advice from there :)

Thank you. Good stuff to know. Somehow I deleted a few templates last night but by luck I was able to upload them again-seriuosly I need to grow a brain. I'm just so not looking forwarding to learning any coding. It just seems so dry and tedious. Thank god for your folks though. Ton of respect for ya'all.

Top Bottom