[HOW TO] Maintain the CPU of Mike 'n Kier

Vincent

Hey guys, here's a tutorial on how to maintain the CPU of Mike 'n Kier :)

I'm also a little bit talking about Peggy & Lawrence, but than the title would be too long.

Read these very carefully:
  • Read the announcements (and the "Have you seen's") very carefully. There might (What do I say? There WILL) be something interesting in there that you need to know.
  • Don't start reporting bugs in the 'Have you seen' section... Guess what, there's a Bug Report section.
  • Don't start asking the price of XenForo, it shall be announced, when it's supposed to be announced! I've seen 10+ threads on this and it's already beens answered!
  • Also don't start asking similar questions like 'When will it be released', 'Will it have <insert option here>'. You will see when the time comes.
  • Don't start asking one of the most-asked questions to the XenMods, they don't have more info that us.
  • *NEW*: Don't start asking questions you know the answer for. (E.g. this one)
  • In the 'Implemented Suggestions' and 'Resolved Bug Reports', don't start posting 'This isn't locked'. Just don't post than...
  • Important things first... iPhone Apps, CMS, Blog, etc. can wait for further versions. This is just an alpha version!!
  • Search BEFORE you post!!!
  • 'I think this would be a great feature', let's suggest it right away! No! Look if there is a similar suggestion already... If there is, than post in that topic. If not, than post a new thread.
  • The same is for bugs. Don't just report 'em, look into them.
  • For suggestions and bugs, give as much information as possible. This will reduce the amounts of posts asking 'What do you mean?', 'Could you explain that?'
  • Don't start a private conversation with a team member unless it is pretty important.
  • Keep giving the team members 'Likes', it's a satisfaction for them :D
  • Check out their Tweets and their Facebook Status, so you stay up-to-date. Also don't forget to read the announcements.
  • *NEW*: Don't start threads regarding what's going on at vBulletin. They will be locked anyways. (I experienced that myself)
  • *NEW*: Feel free to play around at the 'Test Messages' forums. It's meant to be tested. The more you test. The more bugs get discovered (hopefully not), the more get fixed, the happier we are :)
I'mma say this is it for now. If everyone would follow this, the team would have half an hour less work a day.

- Vincent

ok, I tried not to ask, but I can't help myself...........
What, pray tell, is an"Implanted suggestion"????

In the 'Implanted Suggestions' and 'Resolved Bug Reports', don't start posting 'This isn't locked'. Just don't post than...

I fully agree with you! A perfect post. I can give only one "Like"

Greeting from behind the highest hills in europe :)

DO play around in the "Test Messages" forum! That's for posting/testing to your hearts content :)

Good list Vincent!
:: looks for thumbs up smilie ::

ok, I tried not to ask, but I can't help myself...........
What, pray tell, is an"Implanted suggestion"????

Don't you know? Once XenForo is release, we'll be able to plug into it and suggest features mentally. Alternatively, Mike and Kier will be able to place thought into our heads.

They're building an army.

Don't you know? Once XenForo is release, we'll be able to plug into it and suggest features mentally. Alternatively, Mike and Kier will be able to place thought into our heads.

Electric impulses (more commonly referred to as "brainwaves") to XF suggestions forum... nice work.

yeah, they've already been testing this. Implementing my suggestions (on multiple occasions) before I've posted them

Top Bottom