How to install XenForo locally to your PC using XAMPP

How to install XenForo locally to your PC using XAMPP

Okay I raised the limits, tried importing my forum mysql database and got this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in C:\xampplite\phpMyAdmin\libraries\dbi\mysqli.dbi.lib.php on line 176

Line 176 is
Code:
    $r = mysqli_query($link, $query, $method);

K cool it's now doing this:

Script timeout passed, if you want to finish import, please resubmit same file and import will resume.

Importing again.

Okay I've successfully imported my xenforo database.

I am now at this step:

Install XenForo
Download the XenForo software and unzip it​
Create the C:\xampp\htdocs\community directory​

If my site is at the root, can't I just put a backup of my xenforo installation in the htdocs folder since I have it in the root and not a community directory? Then all I would need to do is change the config.php file in Library?

Using Windows 7 64-bit while trying to install a fresh installation in a community directory.

XenForo 1.1.2 - Errors
The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:
  • The directory C:\xampplite\htdocs\community/data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777). If the directory does not exist, please create it.
  • The directory C:\xampplite\htdocs\community/internal_data must be writable. Please change the permissions on this directory to be world writable (chmod 0777). If the directory does not exist, please create it.

If you've already imported the database, why are you trying to install the software?

Just copy the files from your server and edit the config.php file to use the local DB.

If you've already imported the database, why are you trying to install the software?

Just copy the files from your server and edit the config.php file to use the local DB.
It was taking forever to extract my forum installation due to this bug. Sitemap for XenForo. It's done extracting now though so I'm about to activate it now.

Finally got this working. I had to put my site in a subdirectory though because you can't install the forum as a root due to the index.php file being the one used for xamp control panel.

I have my own index.php file in the /htdocs directory redirecting to a XenForo page node.

You can install it there no problem.

I have my own index.php file in the /htdocs directory redirecting to a XenForo page node.

You can install it there no problem.
Where do I put the redirect?

Code:
<?php
    if (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && ('on' == $_SERVER['HTTPS'])) {
        $uri = 'https://';
    } else {
        $uri = 'http://';
    }
    $uri .= $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
    header('Location: '.$uri.'/xampp/');
    exit;
?>
Something is wrong with the XAMPP installation :-(

I am able to import a 200MB+ database after making the necessary changes outlined in the description.

Failing that, export the database without the search index table, then rebuild it.

I am able to import a 200MB+ database after making the necessary changes outlined in the description.

Failing that, export the database without the search index table, then rebuild it.

i just get this after increasing those limits:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 174721355 bytes) in D:\xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\zip_extension.lib.php on line 60

This Xampp stuff completely changed how I run my site. I wish I used it from the very beginning. I've learned a lot in the past couple of days.

Anyway, xampp wouldn't let me into my admin panel for phpadmin so I uninstalled it, tried installing zend and it got stuck when trying to install mysql so I uninstalled that and am now installing the latest version of xampp.

Top Bottom