Tynt - SEO Copy-N-Paste Tracking Tool

How To Install Tynt

DRE

The8thLegion submitted a new resource:

How To Install Tynt (version 1.0) - How to track the content being copied and pasted from your website.

Tynt is a free tool that tracks who copies-and-pastes content from your site to another automatically by adding a link back to the content from your site whenever it's pasted somewhere else.

Not only does tynt let you know who is stealing or 'borrowing' your content, it also helps drive up SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by letting more people find your site through use of backlinks.

Stats update once a day at 9am Pacific time and runs fine with Google Analytics with no issues. It does not...

Read more about this resource...

I dont think thats possible because tynt has no idea about the destination site when the copy command is run.

That's a shame. I will have to uninstall the mod then, as it will be counter productive on my site.

Does anyone know how to disable tynt when content is copied and pasted within your own site?
If you want to disable tynt for usergroups or for all logged-in members then put the code in between conditionals. Go to page_container_js_body template and wrap either the tynt javascript or the tynt template you created in the optional step in a guest only conditional.

For example:

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.tynt} == 'off'"> <xen:else /><xen:include template="tynt" /></xen:if>
</xen:if>

Hit save.

Learn more conditionals from Brogan's post: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-182355

That is not what I meant. When you copy something within your own site, Tynt will still add the link. I would like it to disable tynt for internal links.

That is not what I meant. When you copy something within your own site, Tynt will still add the link. I would like it to disable tynt for internal links.
I tested it out using the conditional I posted above in reply to your last post and it does not copy-n-paste your content for logged-in members. Try it out.

Oh quick response lol... I'm not sure if i should uninstall, before this - but giving it a go anyways! Sitemap Sitemap for XenForo 1.1.2
You can use both. The main thing it does is track who is copy-n-pasting content from your site, then it sends you an email of what content is being copied and pasted.

You can use both. The main thing it does is track who is copy-n-pasting content from your site, then it sends you an email of what content is being copied and pasted.
Thanks for the info... I guess I'm not that bright when it comes to SEO and how keywords / search terms work.

I've got this installed and get vague updates about links being created and content being copied but I cant see where the content has been pasted to.

Am I doing something wrong or is that not a function?

PS the browser description changes from the actual description just a tynt post number which is very annoying and make sit impossible to keep track of multiple tabs on my own site

I've removed this now, I didn't see any benefit to it at all. In fact it was tracking sensitive passwords being copied and pasted from the mods forum and PC's

If you want to disable tynt for usergroups or for all logged-in members then put the code in between conditionals. Go to page_container_js_body template and wrap either the tynt javascript or the tynt template you created in the optional step in a guest only conditional.

For example:

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.tynt} == 'off'"> <xen:else /><xen:include template="tynt" /></xen:if>
</xen:if>

Hit save.

Learn more conditionals from Brogan's post: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-182355
I could use some help with this.. Im not understanding where in the template to place this code. In other words i dont understand how to "Wrap these conditionals in the code provided by tynt.

Top Bottom