1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Install Tynt

How to track the content being copied and pasted from your website.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

The8thLegion submitted a new resource:

How To Install Tynt (version 1.0) - How to track the content being copied and pasted from your website.

Read more about this resource...

FredC likes this.
  2. Archet

Archet Member

Does anyone know how to disable tynt when content is copied and pasted within your own site?

3. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I dont think thats possible because tynt has no idea about the destination site when the copy command is run.

4. Archet

Archet Member

That's a shame. I will have to uninstall the mod then, as it will be counter productive on my site.

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If you want to disable tynt for usergroups or for all logged-in members then put the code in between conditionals. Go to page_container_js_body template and wrap either the tynt javascript or the tynt template you created in the optional step in a guest only conditional.

For example:

Code:
    <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.tynt} == 'off'"> <xen:else /><xen:include template="tynt" /></xen:if>
    </xen:if>
    Hit save.

Learn more conditionals from Brogan's post: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-182355

6. Archet

Archet Member

That is not what I meant. When you copy something within your own site, Tynt will still add the link. I would like it to disable tynt for internal links.

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I tested it out using the conditional I posted above in reply to your last post and it does not copy-n-paste your content for logged-in members. Try it out.

8. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yes.

Veer likes this.
  10. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Does it clash if you already have something handling SEO?

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Nope!

12. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Oh quick response lol... I'm not sure if i should uninstall, before this - but giving it a go anyways! Sitemap Sitemap for XenForo 1.1.2

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

You can use both. The main thing it does is track who is copy-n-pasting content from your site, then it sends you an email of what content is being copied and pasted.

14. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Thanks for the info... I guess I'm not that bright when it comes to SEO and how keywords / search terms work.

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's all good!

16. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

I've got this installed and get vague updates about links being created and content being copied but I cant see where the content has been pasted to.

Am I doing something wrong or is that not a function?

PS the browser description changes from the actual description just a tynt post number which is very annoying and make sit impossible to keep track of multiple tabs on my own site

17. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Boy did i miss this.. awesome to have it back..

The8thLegion likes this.
  18. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

I've removed this now, I didn't see any benefit to it at all. In fact it was tracking sensitive passwords being copied and pasted from the mods forum and PC's

19. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

another good mod I had on the vb forum, glad to be able to integrate this in my xf forum as well :)

20. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I could use some help with this.. Im not understanding where in the template to place this code. In other words i dont understand how to "Wrap these conditionals in the code provided by tynt.