How to increase the character count limit for image comments?

denam

Is it possible to increase the number of characters a user can use for an image comment. At the moment our users can use 10000 characters for image comments and they are heavily complaining about this character count limit.

Is it possible to increase the number of characters a user can use for an image comment. At the moment our users can use 10000 characters for image comments and they are heavily complaining about this character count limit.
I would imagine the same limit applies for media comments as for posts. You can change this in ACP > Options > Messages.

I'm still gathering info from some users who are older and not tech savvie so communication is a bit challenging, but I think that they are trying to upload them.

As well as maximum character count there is also an option to control the maximum number of images per message.

Both of these are the main XF options which apply to posts as well.

As well as maximum character count there is also an option to control the maximum number of images per message.

Both of these are the main XF options which apply to posts as well.
Thanks, but is the error message the same? I currently have both settings at the defaults. I'm still waiting on more info from my testers.

Ok, so one is embedding the images using URL's but says that the URL's tend to be extremely long with lots of encoding in them, plus a small amount of test, probably less than 500 characters.

The other is actually uploading the files.

I have asked for both to send me either the files or links the next time it happens so that I have examples and can test it myself. Unfortunately I have not seen any server log errors, but when I have more idea of the time I'll have a better idea of what to look for because I do seem to get some errors in the mornings but they are mainly related to e-mail notifications and I think that the host is most likely doing backups because of the consistency in the time frames, but because it is on a shared host they will not confirm it or give me any info related to system maintenance.

I'll be moving to a VPS when we actually go live in about a month and will have access to the web server logs then.

Should I open a bug report on the next occurrence or just go ahead and update this thread?

Top Bottom