XF 2.1 How to import smilies as a group

I have a directory from my old software where all the smilies live. Is there a way to "source" the smilies by that directory by default, in order to facilitate importing them? Or do I have to add them in entirely manually, one at a time?

What I mean is, can I tell the software that "here is my smilies directory", and have it pull up all the available ones from that directory, allowing me to easily add them?

A question left unanswered is the first response of my search. We moved from 15 years of vB3.8 and left behind about 40 smilies that my users miss. How to recover? The manual is very slim in this regard.

I have the same problem, I imported VBulletin 4.2 into XenForo 1.5, I thought the import went well, it finished, I have since upgraded XF to the most recent version. From my research, it looks like a smilies_vbulletin.xml file was supposed to be placed into the internal_data folder, I have no such file that was generated!

Hope somebody knows what to do, forums look bad with a lot of broken smilies in them. I haven't run the VB importer in XF 2 and was wondering if there was a separate step to get that .xml file produced, all of my attachments are fine.

My solution was to install my old vBulletin smilies into XF2 manually into a folder, using the same file names and link :names: and it worked. XF in all its glory can really leave vBulletin converts hanging dry for some of the old easy hacks and features.

I had to do the same thing as @Oldengine with my vB 4.2.4 migration to XF 2.1. The smilies didn't import correctly, despite an XML file being created. So I just manually FTP'd all of my smilies over to the new forum, same file names and link names (🔗), and all was fine.

I think that XF may have solved this issue with more recent versions of the vB importer, but as of March 2019 it was not working. A couple of hours of work and all was well again -- I think I had about 125 smilies in my old forum.

Yikes, I appreciate the responses but I have close to 450 smilies so that's not really a good option, I'm guessing that you manually added the Text to replace and links?
I used the XFIimporter 1.30 with XF 1.5 and no .xml file, anybody know if I could try and import the smilies without anything else from VB 4..2.5?
Thanks

Top Bottom