XF 2.1 How to Import from IPS (2 Questions)

Damien Alexander

I installed a new XenForo and installed the importer add-on. However when I'm entering the details of my IPS installation no matter what I put into these it doesn't let me continue. What do I have to exactly put on these to continue

1563226309256.webp

My 2nd question is regarding the XFMG, I have all my photos from IP.Gallery stored in Amazon S3 will the import still work?

Thanks in advance.

If you have a table prefix set in your current installation then the existing table names will be prefix_forums_topics and prefix_forums_posts etc. rather than forums_topics and forums_posts.

XF needs to be running on the same server as your current IPS install, and the path you enter must be the absolute path on the file system to where your IPS install files are. Within that directory there should be (by default) another directory where all of your avatars and attachment files are stored.

This may vary depending on how your IPS installation was set up.

If you have your Gallery photos stored in Amazon S3 (and perhaps that's the case for your avatars and attachments too, which may be why that isn't working) then you would have to take steps in IPS to bring them back down to the local server before the import - we can't perform the import from a remotely hosted file system.

You can eventually host XF files in Amazon S3 but the import needs to work with local files in the first instance.

XF needs to be running on the same server as your current IPS install, and the path you enter must be the absolute path on the file system to where your IPS install files are. Within that directory there should be (by default) another directory where all of your avatars and attachment files are stored.

This may vary depending on how your IPS installation was set up.

Thanks for the info. Yes I have IPS and XF in the same server

In public_html is all of my IPS files

then I created a folder in public_html called XenForo and have all the XF files there for now

Top Bottom