1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to import dbtech likes/thanks to xenforo

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Hornstar, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

If this is the wrong section, I apologise (please move).

I am currently on vbulletin 3.8 and am preparing to import over to xenforo :)

I would like to also import over dragonbyte tech likes/thanks over to xenforo.

I found this old modificiation: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-post-thanks-to-likes.5939/
    with this change to accommodate dbtech: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-post-thanks-to-likes.5939/page-2#post-112954

However when I pressed the import button to import the thanks/likes I got this error:
    Code:
    Server Error
    Mysqli prepare error: Column 'entryid' in where clause is ambiguous

[LIST=1]
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in PostThanksImporter/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 46
    [*]PostThanksImporter_Importer_vBulletin->stepPostThanks() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    [*]XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
    [/LIST]

Any advice would be greatly appreciated so I can move over to xenforo :)

2. Hornstar

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. Hornstar

Jake I have now bought the vb3 bigboard importer because of the speed and extra data it imports. I want to change over the thanks to the dbtech thanks/likes. I want to ensure I get it 100%. Consider me a bit of a novice, so what do I need to do?

Is this the part I need to change:
    Code:
    // Likes
         $start = microtime(true);
         echo "  post thanks as likes";
         exec('mysql -h' . $this->slaveDbHost . ' ' . $this->sourceDb . ' ' . $this->sourceDBuser . ' ' . $this->sourceDBpassword . ' -N -q -e "SET NAMES binary;SET @like_id = 0;SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE @like_id:=@like_id+1 AS like_id, \'post\' AS content_type, post_thanks.postid AS content_id, post_thanks.userid AS like_user_id, post_thanks.date AS like_date, post.userid AS content_user_id FROM post_thanks LEFT JOIN post ON (post.postid = post_thanks.postid) ORDER BY post_thanks.id" ' . self::$extraOutCommand . ' > ' . self::$dataDir . 'xf_liked_content.txt');
         echo " (" . number_format(intval(shell_exec('wc -l ' . self::$dataDir . 'xf_liked_content.txt'))) . ' records in ' .  number_format(microtime(true) - $start, 2) . "s)...\r\n";
         }
         else if (self::$doVbseoLikes)
         {

and if so, what do I need to change so my vb3 dbtech thanks and likes get imported? Thanks

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. StonePilot

StonePilot Member

I'm snooping on this thread because I want to do the same thing. Any luck with this?

TheComputerGuy likes this.
  6. Donny

Donny Active Member

7. Hornstar

I have done a test import successfully. In the next month or two when I have a chance I will post some some details.

Donny likes this.
  8. StonePilot

StonePilot Member

I have moved over a few sites already and skipped the DBTech likes/thanks because I got errors and didn't want to stop the import because of that.

So now I have thousands of mention tags all over the place. I would really appreciate it if anyone would care to offer up a sql comment to help get these moved into XF, i've got TagMe installed (is tagging part of the core system now or not)?

Example of what was imported ...

[MENTION=12345]UserName[/MENTION]

9. Ridemonkey

Ridemonkey Well-Known Member

Tagging is part of the core system now. Tag Me extends on that functionality a little.

Should be pretty simple since the user tagging syntax for XF is just USER=12345 instead of MENTION=12345. You'd need two different update statements:

Code:
    UPDATE `xf_post` SET `message` = replace(message, '[MENTION', '[USER')

UPDATE `xf_post` SET `message` = replace(message, 'MENTION]', 'USER]')

10. PASS

PASS Active Member

How do I import vB 4.x DBTech Likes? Is this now included in the XF importer?

11. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

12. PASS

PASS Active Member

Worked perfectly! Thx Jake!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015