XF 1.1 How to hard delete posts

If you do have permission to permanetly delete posts: Either click the checkbox on the lower-left corner and a dialogue will come up, look for a dropdown, find "Delete Posts" and it will automatically bring up yet, another dialogue, click on the checkbox with "Permanently delete Selecting this option will permanently and irreversibly delete the item."

Or you can just go to the post itself - find the "delete" button, and you're presented with two options - click the "Permanently delete Selecting this option will permanently and irreversibly delete the item." option.

What do you guys see as an admin? When I hit delete it asks for a reason... do I have to delete the whole topic?
I do see a delete next to report button. I click it and it asks me why. Also when I check the box, it and use the drop down it asks why... odd.
I'm guessing it's because your instance is based around "account approval" process. I think, anyway. Sounds like moderated mode to me.

As Jeremy noted, these are moderator permissions -- not admin permissions. Admin permissions control the admin control panel only. You need to give yourself the necessary moderator permission.

If you already have it under "moderators" but it's still not showing up, you need to use "analyze permissions" to determine why it's not showing up (such as using "never" where you shouldn't be).

[Edit: I just noticed the 1.1. prefix - analyze permissions is in 1.2. You would need to look for "never" or "revoke" settings for the hard delete permission manually in 1.1.]

Top Bottom