1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 How to hard delete posts

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by =MGN=RedEagle, Dec 16, 2013.

1. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

How do you hard-delete a post as an admin on XF so it's gone forever.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have the permissions to permanently delete posts?

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

If you do have permission to permanetly delete posts: Either click the checkbox on the lower-left corner and a dialogue will come up, look for a dropdown, find "Delete Posts" and it will automatically bring up yet, another dialogue, click on the checkbox with "Permanently delete Selecting this option will permanently and irreversibly delete the item."

Or you can just go to the post itself - find the "delete" button, and you're presented with two options - click the "Permanently delete Selecting this option will permanently and irreversibly delete the item." option.

4. =MGN=RedEagle

I am the owner of them forum.

5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Then you should have the options under a user's post - where "report" button is on xenforo.com is.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Administrators do not equate to Moderators in XenForo. They need to be given permissions.

7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Um. Don't you mean "Super Administrators"? :confused:

8. =MGN=RedEagle

Just checked every box under admin and set permissions to "allow" on all. Oddly I still do not see the delete thing.

Thanks again guys!

9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Ya welcome! (y)

10. =MGN=RedEagle

What do you guys see as an admin? When I hit delete it asks for a reason... do I have to delete the whole topic?

11. =MGN=RedEagle

I do see a delete next to report button. I click it and it asks me why. Also when I check the box, it and use the drop down it asks why... odd.

12. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's because your instance is based around "account approval" process. I think, anyway. Sounds like moderated mode to me.

13. =MGN=RedEagle

How do I fix it?

14. =MGN=RedEagle

Please help someone, I got stuff that could get me banned from ad sense.

15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As Jeremy noted, these are moderator permissions -- not admin permissions. Admin permissions control the admin control panel only. You need to give yourself the necessary moderator permission.

If you already have it under "moderators" but it's still not showing up, you need to use "analyze permissions" to determine why it's not showing up (such as using "never" where you shouldn't be).

[Edit: I just noticed the 1.1. prefix - analyze permissions is in 1.2. You would need to look for "never" or "revoke" settings for the hard delete permission manually in 1.1.]