XF 1.5 How to get text in orange bar?

That is the Description field in the node settings.

upload_2015-10-29_19-33-47.webp

Note that it must be a category and not a forum (which is what you have at the moment).

OK... So, I have one Node.... then do I make the Category for Example Personal Stories.. Then under that have the forum/child for Ascending stories? I guess I am not clear if I only need one node and it seems now like I need multiple Categories in the Orange Bar and then Forums in that area? Brian :)

I don't think you have actual categories setup from the looks of it.

The top 4 nodes aren't in categories, but just regular forums.
Screenshot_11.webp

Red is how I think you have it setup while green is how it should be (Category as parent)
Screenshot_12.webp

They are definitely set up as forums - I inspected the page source using the browser inspector.

upload_2015-10-29_20-10-15.webp

You need to create new categories and move the forums to those.

I note that your URL includes /XenForo.

You may want to consider changing that to /forums or /community, which is more relevant.

You can do that by renaming the directory on the server and then updating the Board URL in the options.

Now on to the sign up process. Do you recommend allowing users to sign on via Facebook/Twitter? Thanks!
That's up to you.

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

Any idea why I am getting this Facebook error? I used my Facebook code just like the directions said to do. Thanks,
Brian :)

Top Bottom