1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get a specific font?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Carlos, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Can someone remind me where I can edit the fonts?

And while I'm on the subject, how do I get Tahoma working?

I want a clean font, so for me, Tahoma is readable. How do I get it working without Verdana, or arial or other font types getting in the way?
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Okay, now that I know where to do it...

...What is the best way to get a standard Tahoma font working, this is assuming it works standard on all software. Which in turn, I assume xenforo recognizes Tahoma as a font.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Add it to the Body:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Body

See this page for the safe fonts:

Tahoma is listed there.
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Jake, I'm sorry if I seem like I'm trying to go around in circles....but I'm not.

Here's the settings I have for Tahoma on a MVC3 site...
    A part of me feels like it's not really Tahoma. To me, the settings I have for Tahoma on the site makes me feel like I saved it as Arial.

I know it's dark, but see for yourself MVC3Forum.

Again, I am sorry. I appreciate your help.
  6. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Thanks, mrGTB! :)

The only problem I have now, is that when I added the font family to the body properties, it wouldn't cover the postbits. Ya know the posts themselves. See for yourself.
  8. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I would suspect then the font used for posts is listed in a separate CSS Stylesheet used for it. I've not messed around looking further into XenForo on the styling side of things because I use the default theme and will be sticking with it. But have spotted there are a number of different CSS style-sheets listed under "Templates". Filter them out using the keyword "CSS". Then I would take a look at some of them (perhaps)?

That would be my guess, looking for font styles used in them.
  9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Okay, thank again, mrGTB.

I had gotten desired font family to get into the postbits before but I forgot, so I guess I'll have to go back in there and find it.