XF 2.0 How to generate Hashes file on Windows?

D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

How do you generate the hashes.json file please, if I try adding/editing my old file due to editing the code slightly it keeps saying this - "To prevent potential issues, please resolve the following warnings before continuing"

Code:
"src/addons/xPoster/addon.json": "[hash code here]",

For this file, how would I generate the hash, copy the code to a MD5 converter or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to accomplish here. Did you corrupt the original file and need to fix it? Or are you trying to edit it directly for some reason instead of using the XF method for whatever you're trying to accomplish?

His problem may be solved, but the question isn't actually answered. Can someone tell me what algorithm is used to generate the hash? I don't have the original development files nor do I want to use the development tools, I just want to make a small edit and not get the integrity error.

Is that all it takes, well then thank you sir! I guess that makes sense but I wasn't sure if that produced another kind of error. But again, still want to know what algorithm, so I can generate the correct one if possible.

Top Bottom