1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find the Xenforo template you need visually!

A widget to find all the templates in Xenforo visually. How do I see what a template looks like?

1. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

=MGN=RedEagle submitted a new resource:

How to find the Xenforo template you need visually! - A widget to find all the templates in Xenforo visually.

Read more about this resource...

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is actually a really nice idea. Of course you can just look in the HTML source, but clicking a bookmark is obviously easier.

Here's a slightly "more XF" way of getting the same result. It uses an XF flash message and also uses jQuery. No particular benefit there apart from making the code snippet slightly shorter. The benefit of the flash message is that it doesn't need to be clicked to remove it. The "5000" is the number of milliseconds the message will be displayed for:

Code:
    javascript:(function() {XenForo.alert($('#content').attr('class'), '', 5000);}())

adwade, OUTL4W, Steve F and 1 other person like this.
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

You guys are too cool (y), I can see this being very handy for a lot of people.

Chris D likes this.
  4. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and Resource. Saves much time.

5. =MGN=RedEagle

Remember I cannot take credit! My good friend made this, he loves people enjoying his stuff so I am sure he is happy to see you guys helped!

Shall I made this the new code? I like it better.

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Feel free :) Other people may prefer your friend's more, though.

7. =MGN=RedEagle

Added them both :) I made it CC0, hope you dont mind.