how to Facebook-Connect on upgrade from XF-Beta2 to XF-Beta5

erich37

I just upgraded my Forum from XF-Beta2 to XF-Beta5 and am now wondering what I need to do or change on the Facebook-connect stuff ?

I have set-up Facebook-Connect when I was still running XF-Beta2 , but as per the Beta5-announcement, something has changed and improved regarding the Facebook-Connect-integration.

What do I need to do now in order to get Facebook-Connect working again ?
Do I need to set this up from scratch again ? Do I need to get another code from Facebook or do I need to change anything ?

What do I ned to do to get Faebook completely integrated into my XF-Beta5 website ?
Do we have a step-by-step guide on how to do this for Beta5 ? I remember we had some nice guide from Brogan for Beta1 and Beta2, but I want to set-up Facebook now from scratch again as it was a bit buggy on previous versions.

Appreciate your help !

thanks for your feedback.

Probably someone has the time to make a new step-by-step guide of how to integrate Facebook into XenForo.
This would help a lot also for newcomers to XF.

2 more questions, please:

- how do I check whether FB-Connect is correctly set-up ?
I have read something in the announcement-thread for Beta5 that it is possible to check whether FB is set-up correctly....?

- when I go to "Recent Activity" at my Forum, I see a link named "Facebook Social Plugin".
What is this and what do I need to do with this?

- how do I check whether FB-Connect is correctly set-up ?
I have read something in the announcement-thread for Beta5 that it is possible to check whether FB is set-up correctly....?
I answered that in the post immediately above yours.
The procedure is the same for Beta5 as it was for Beta2.
In addition there is also a tool in the ACP for testing whether it is set up correctly.
Go to Tools -> Test Facebook Integration

- when I go to "Recent Activity" at my Forum, I see a link named "Facebook Social Plugin".
What is this and what do I need to do with this?
This is just the footer text/link for the plugin which is being utilised to show which threads have been recommended by your members.
It is inserted by Facebook and you can just ignore it.

Top Bottom