• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

how to Facebook-Connect on upgrade from XF-Beta2 to XF-Beta5

erich37

I just upgraded my Forum from XF-Beta2 to XF-Beta5 and am now wondering what I need to do or change on the Facebook-connect stuff ?

I have set-up Facebook-Connect when I was still running XF-Beta2 , but as per the Beta5-announcement, something has changed and improved regarding the Facebook-Connect-integration.

What do I need to do now in order to get Facebook-Connect working again ?
Do I need to set this up from scratch again ? Do I need to get another code from Facebook or do I need to change anything ?

What do I ned to do to get Faebook completely integrated into my XF-Beta5 website ?
Do we have a step-by-step guide on how to do this for Beta5 ? I remember we had some nice guide from Brogan for Beta1 and Beta2, but I want to set-up Facebook now from scratch again as it was a bit buggy on previous versions.

Appreciate your help !

erich37

thanks for your feedback.

Probably someone has the time to make a new step-by-step guide of how to integrate Facebook into XenForo.
This would help a lot also for newcomers to XF.

erich37

2 more questions, please:

- how do I check whether FB-Connect is correctly set-up ?
I have read something in the announcement-thread for Beta5 that it is possible to check whether FB is set-up correctly....?

- when I go to "Recent Activity" at my Forum, I see a link named "Facebook Social Plugin".
What is this and what do I need to do with this?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
- how do I check whether FB-Connect is correctly set-up ?
I have read something in the announcement-thread for Beta5 that it is possible to check whether FB is set-up correctly....?
I answered that in the post immediately above yours.
The procedure is the same for Beta5 as it was for Beta2.
In addition there is also a tool in the ACP for testing whether it is set up correctly.
Go to Tools -> Test Facebook Integration

- when I go to "Recent Activity" at my Forum, I see a link named "Facebook Social Plugin".
What is this and what do I need to do with this?
This is just the footer text/link for the plugin which is being utilised to show which threads have been recommended by your members.
It is inserted by Facebook and you can just ignore it.