1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How to enable google and twitter registration ?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by allewreK, Mar 16, 2014.

1. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

I created my API and secret keys for both website, I added it to my panel, but I still only have the option to register via facebook.

At mywebsite.com/register/twitter, I have the error "An unexcepted error occured..."

No error logs.

Best regards.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

4. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

Still not working, can this be because of my firewall ?
  5. Brogan

Try looking in the server error logs.
    That may help.
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

You are sure you are on 1.3? And when you upgraded, did you do the template merge for your style (if they aren't showing at all)?
    The reason I ask, is you say you only have the option to register via facebook... that indicates that your templates are outdated if you don't see Google/Twitter and you have set the necessary settings in the ACP.
  7. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

The problem is that at :

I have the message :

"An unexcepted error occured, please try again later".
  8. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

It looks working for google and facebook, but not twitter;.
  9. Brogan

This is typically a misconfiguration of the Twitter API.
    Are you sure you have set it all up correctly in both the API and the ACP?

The other possibility is you don't have SSL support in PHP (but have it in cURL).
  10. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

I will double check and let you know, thanks you.
  11. JT3

JT3 Member

I got "An unexcepted error occured, please try again later" because I didn't have user registration enabled (because I am setting up a new board). Once I turned it on it allowed me to associate my twitter account with my board account.

With google integration I followed the instructions but nothing happens with I click on the google button trying to login or when I try to associate the account under External Accounts when I am already logged in.