XF 2.1 How to edit the ALT tag of an attachment?

Ludachris

Our users upload attachments constantly that have random file names. Those file names are used in the ALT tag for the attachments, which consequently, makes the ALT tag for the image useless in most cases because the file names have nothing to do with the content of the image.

How would the admin manually edit the ALT tag for specific attachments to improve that on a case by case basis? I can't find a way to edit those anywhere in the system. Is that even possible?

Code:
[IMG alt="Some text"]https://i.imgur.com/tiyEa9I.jpg[/IMG]

Some text

Click the embedded attachment and you will see an attachment toolbar, click the "i" icon.

View attachment 234183
A follow up to this question - any reason why clicking on the embedded image in a post in Edit mode wouldn't bring up the image tools shown above? I'm finding that it sometimes works, but usually doesn't. I've gone into a post to edit and can't get those image tools to come up with single click or double click on the image. Wondering if it's due to a js conflict with an add-on. I tried disabling the addons that look like they could possibly conflict but couldn't fix it that way. I can toggle bbcode off and edit it that way, just wondering how to diagnose the problem.

Top Bottom