How To Display A Forum To A Secondary Usergroup?

DRE

I have a primary usergroup called noob. This is the main usergroup when noobs sign up.

All noobs are manually upgraded to regular membership usergroup (a secondary usergroup).

I do not want them to view inside the main subforum called General Chat but let them only see the node and the description (private) in last post info.

How do I make so that noobs and guests can see General Chat on node list but as private (can't view forum) but regular members can see even if their primary usergroup is noob?

Admin CP -> Applicaitons -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions

Noobs = Revoke
Registered = Allow

That's basically it. Allow overrides a Revoke, but it must be an explicit Allow (no Inherit).

There are separate permissions for viewing threads in a forum. So you can make the forum viewable but not the threads inside it.

Admin CP -> Applicaitons -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions

Noobs = Revoke
Registered = Allow

That's basically it. Allow overrides a Revoke, but it must be an explicit Allow (no Inherit).

There are separate permissions for viewing threads in a forum. So you can make the forum viewable but not the threads inside it.
So if the primary usergroup is set to revoke, but the secondary usergroup has allow permissions, will it override the primary usergroup's revoke permission?

Top Bottom