1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: DISABLE multi user registration (limit 1 account per user)

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Andrew, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I have searched high and low for this. I can't seem to find a way to prevent my users from making more than one account at a time. I appreciate your help.:unsure:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All user accounts require a unique email address.

Can you clarify what you mean by "prevent my users from making more than one account at a time"?

If you mean the same person is registering more than once using different email addresses and/or IP addresses, then there's very little that can be done as the software sees them as different users.

3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

1 account per IP address, to be more specific. If they use a proxy to register a new account, then they win, but most my users don't know what a proxy is.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's not currently possible, only duplicate email address checking is implemented.

Andrew likes this.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Ok thank you Brogan.

6. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Do you mean something like this mod I have coded for vb?

http://www.forumservices.eu/vbservices/showthread.php?136-One-Account-Per-Ip

If you would like to block users from using proxies to register at your forum, have a look at my mod.

http://www.forumservices.eu/index.p...ts-users-from-using-proxies-at-your-forum.20/

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

8. borbole

9. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

borbole likes this.
  10. borbole

11. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Installed and did a quick test.
    Hidemyass did not allow log in with the message
    Cookies are required to log in to this site. You will not be able to login until they are accepted.
    virtualsurfer.net has no problem. :(

Any plan to make this more useful? like send Admin an alert when someone is detected of using proxy?