XF 2.2 How to disable admin from getting email copies of PMs

ck2020

I guess I just noticed this was happeneing. I am getting an email with user's PMs to each other. I don't want to invade their privacy, how to turn that feature off?

thank you!

XF does not have that functionality built in.

I suspect the members may be replying the email they receive, instead of logging into the site and replying to the DM.

When a conversation notification email is received, the "Please do not reply to this message" message is too faint and often users will overlook this important notice.

To highlight this notice you can edit the conversation_email_html_footer phrase.

Code:
<p class="minorText">Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.</p>

<p class="minorText">This message was sent to you because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received. <a href="{disable_link}">Stop receiving these emails</a>.</p>

Edited
Code:
<div style="background:#ccc;padding:10px;">Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.</div>

<p class="minorText">This message was sent to you because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received. <a href="{disable_link}">Stop receiving these emails</a>.</p>

Result:

pic001.webp

I did that a couple years ago, but we still get some. People dont read :)
I always reply to let them know that the intended recipient will NOT see their reply, and that they must click the link in the original notification to send the reply.

Top Bottom