• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 How to delete "Confirm Password" field? [PAID]

rafass

I like the simple things, and I would like to delete this field in the registration process.
R 2015-05-19 at 15.18.09.jpg
What is the best way to do this?

Many thanks!

Martok

The point of the confirm password box is to ensure the user has chosen the correct password in the first box by re-typing it again here. It's easy to accidentally mistype a password. If this happens and the confirmation box was removed, the user would not be able to log into their account.

rafass

Wow, Liam, this was very fast. I'll take a look now.
Many thanks for your fast reply and the new addon.
I understand Martok explanation, but, sometimes is good make some changes and try new things.
As I said I love the simple/easy things. to me, the confirmation field in password is annoying. I'm 10000% sure about what I'm typing always. so, repeat again the password is always unnecessary to me . I'm pretty sure there are more people with the same feeling, but never complaint xdd
[...]It's easy to accidentally mistype a password. If this happens and the confirmation box was removed, the user would not be able to log into their account.
in this case you can request a new password.