XF 1.4 How to create "New Posts" for each individual Forum?

XFuser

Hello,

I have separate Forums on my Xenforo site. Most of my members are only interested in one of the Forums, so how I can create a "New Posts" link for each Forum that ONLY displays the New Posts in that Forum?

By default, the "New Posts" in the NavBar shows the New Posts of the entire site, which is not useful for my members as they aren't interested in 90% of the threads appearing in those results since they include all Forums.

Thank you.

It would require custom development.
Thanks for your help. That's unfortunate to hear as this is something very basic that was easy to do in vB with the "exclude" parameter in the New Posts search.

Few questions:

1) Is there an existing Add-on that does this?

2) Can the built-in "Forum Watch" feature be used to do something similar?

3) Is there any way to do this indirectly without requiring custom development or an Add-on?

The only "hidden" option allows you to filter to watched forums only via the "watched" param: https://xenforo.com/community/find-new/posts?watched=1 Otherwise it would require custom development; I'm not aware of an add-on that does what you want.
Interesting, so if I added a link to the Navbar with that URL, then users could "watch" only the Forums they were interested in, and then click that new link to only see New Posts in those specific Forums?

If so, then that's close enough to what I was looking for!

Is there a reason this is a "hidden" feature?

Top Bottom