1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to create an alerthandler for a custom content type?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by MainFrame, Oct 15, 2010.

1. MainFrame

MainFrame New Member

Hi Guys,

Edit: sorry title should be how to create a alerthandler for a custom content type?

I hope there are some experience members online who can help me.
    I'm working on a upload center (file sharing) mod but I've been stuck all day trying to implement the alert system for likes.
    I created a new content type and an AlertHandler for my mod. The like/unlike is working but when I like a custom content type it only display in the alert system if a post with the same ID excist on the forum, if there's no post with the same ID it will still say there's a new alert since it's inserted in the database correctly but it's not displaying it.

When I look at the query on the alerts page it does contain all the id numbers including the id's it doesn't show so I think somewhere there's a function that checks if the content excist and it's checking in the xf_post table.

Here's the code of my LikeHandler
    Code:
    <?php

class ULC_AlertHandler_File extends XenForo_AlertHandler_DiscussionMessage
    {
    	public function getContentByIds(array $contentIds, $model, $userId, array $viewingUser)
    	{
    		// this
    		return $model->getModelFromCache('ULC_Model_Files')->getFilesByIds($contentIds);
    	}

public function canViewAlert(array $alert, $content, array $viewingUser)
    	{
    		return true;
    	}
    }

Here's the code from ULC_Model_File which is called for function getFilesByIds
    Code:
    	public function getFilesByIds(array $fileIds, array $fetchOptions = array())
    	{
    		if (!$fileIds)
    		{
    			return array();
    		}

return $this->fetchAllKeyed('
    			SELECT attachment.attachment_id, data.filename
    			FROM xf_attachment AS attachment
    			INNER JOIN xf_attachment_data AS data
    				ON (data.data_id = attachment.data_id)
    			WHERE attachment.attachment_id IN (' . $this->_getDb()->quote($fileIds) . ')
    		', 'file_id');
    	}

demo link: http://www.tech-addicts.com/upload_center/

Regards,
    MainFrame

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Did you create a new LikeHandler for attachments? It sounds like your Alert works, but it is based off of posts, so when no postid matches there is nothing to display.