How to create a Page node

How to create a Page node

I am building a page with testimonials...I wan to have a side nab bar with links, for example, and when a user clicks on a link, it will take him/her to that particular testimonial...right now my page is in the forum root, which is where I want it, but if I check off child links, it gives me the forum links. So would I have to create a category for this page? Thanks

Are you sure you didn't check List Sibling Nodes ?

Only children of the page will be displayed in the page navigation if List Child Nodes is checked.

I am using the standard template code for my pages and btw - love pages ;) I have a set of links on the left side of the page, but I need them to be larger...do I have to go link by link and use some CSS or is there another way? Thanks!

If all of the links use the same class then just increase the font size for that class.

But then wouldn't that increase the font size for all my links? I just want to increase for the page...the links are very small for some reason.

I don't know how you've added the links or which links they are.
If it is custom code you have added then presumably you used a CSS class?

I didn't use custom code...just the code you indicated to use if you wanted to have the same look for your pages as the forum. <div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">

Create your own class for links and remove the ugc class.

Then you will be able to individually control the appearance of links on pages using e.g. <div class="messageText myLinks baseHtml">

Add the new myLinks class to EXTRA.css

I have tried your suggestion, Brogan, but no go. I have this as my css class in extra.css - A.mylinks:link {
font-size:14px; font-weight: bold; } and then <div class="messageText mylinks baseHtml">

Try this:
Code:
.myLinks a,
.myLinks a:hover,
.myLinks a:focus {
font-size: 14px;
font-weight: bold;
}

Ok, I did some further testing and you are correct...I now need to explain my issue correctly...it is the list of child nodes on the index page that are very tiny...they are links, so I just assumed all links were like that since none of the pages, when clicked on from the child nodes have links, I just kept seeing the index page links were not changing.

You should have said it was the page node navigation and not the content...

Style Properties -> Popup Menus -> Menu Links Container

yep - my apologies...I didn't realize until I did some further testing...but I still only want to change the size for that particular page...will the menu links container change the size for all my node navigation links?

Top Bottom