XF 1.2 How to check whether email sent out properly?

snoopy5

Hi

I just sent out to all my users an email via the ACP function. While this email was sening, I looged into the front-end with a differnt username - which logs me out simultaniously in the ACP as admin.

Now I am afraid that not all emails were sent out because of this login/logout. How can I check whether all users got an email and if not, who did get one and who did not?

Unfortunately there isn't really a great way to resolve the situation. You may be able to log back into the control panel with a separate tab and then refresh the original tab that was sending the email. Otherwise, you would need to examine server mail logs themselves (and there isn't really a great way to pick it back up).

(That said, logging in via the front end shouldn't log you out of the admin. Though if you explicitly logged out of the front-end, that would log you out of the admin as well.)

Hi

thanks for the quick reply. But how does the system work in this procedure? Does that mean that as soon as I logout from the ACP, the email sending is automatically stopped?

Yes. It's your requests that are sending it. You would have gotten to the next page of results and hit the login page instead.

o.k., how many emails the software is sending out per batch?

If I look in the ACP/Tools/admin protocol

I can see man emails sent out. If I click on them, I get the following information:

array(9) { ["page"] => string(3) "303" ["criteria"] => string(203) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","user_group_id":"2","not_secondary_group_ids":["15","58"],"user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"],"custom_exact":{"interesse_an_foto_works_3":1,"interesse_andere_user_zu_":1}}" ["total"] => string(5) "28203" ["from_name"] => string(27) "xxx" ["from_email"] => string(34) "xxx" ["email_title"] => string(44) "xxx" ["email_format"] => string(4) "text" ["email_body"] => string(1759) "xxx {name},

It seem sthat every email I see in the ACP has a different string. Something like this first line with page... array(9) { ["page"] => string(3) "303"
This seems to go down like on teh other email 302, then 301 etc.

If I take the amount of valid members who should get an email and divide this number by the # of strings, I get around 90 email per batch. Would that be a realisti number?

Looking at the time stamp, it seems that email were send out starting on 7.20pm until 7.26 pm. So how many can it send out within 6-7 minutes?

I couldn't really tell you as it depends on your server and how your mail is configured (and the speed of that server, if applicable) - the admin logs should show you.

I couldn't really tell you as it depends on your server and how your mail is configured (and the speed of that server, if applicable) - the admin logs should show you.

mmmhhh, I did not find that information in the admin logs. Could you please guide me to it?

o.k., so the last email send protocol was

["page"] => string(3) "304" ["criteria"] => string(203) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","user_group_id":"2","not_secondary_group_ids":["15","58"],"user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"],"custom_exact":{"interesse_an_foto_works_3":1,"interesse_andere_user_zu_":1}}" ["total"] => string(5) "28203"

time stamp of this is 7.26pm

the first email send log of today is:

["criteria"] => string(203) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","user_group_id":"2","not_secondary_group_ids":["15","58"],"user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"],"custom_exact":{"interesse_an_foto_works_3":1,"interesse_andere_user_zu_":1}}" ["total"] => string(5) "28203"

at 7.20pm

it is a shared server. speed I do not know how to find out.

Top Bottom