how to check a Private-Conversation as Admin ?

erich37

how to check the "Private Conversations" of a specific member ?

I mean: as Admin, I would like to have a quick check on Private Conversations going on, but I do not want that the members see that I am checking.

thanks.
how do I go about that ?

I was thinking this feature is called "Private Conversations" instead of "Private Mail" because the Admin is able to check on the conversations ?
At least this was the initial discussion several months ago as far as I understood ?

Private Conversations are the equivalent of Private Messages and the clue is in the title - they're private.

If you have access to phpMyAdmin you can check the xf_conversation_master and xf_conversation_message tables.

reading the SQL tables is one thing.
This is beyond the reach of many admins.
In other forum software, There are mods that make reading other private messages as easy as reading your own.
If a mod like that was released, I think it should be declared that admins and mods can read your PMs.

I agree, I was just making a point in response to DD's post.

As I stated above, it would be up the site owner/administrator to inform their members, if they decided to.

Private Conversations are the equivalent of Private Messages and the clue is in the title - they're private.

If you have access to phpMyAdmin you can check the xf_conversation_master and xf_conversation_message tables.
Sorry to reopen this thread but I can't find anything up to dat 2016 /2017 but when I look in the MySql I can only see a fraction of the message in this table xf_conversation_message tables - how or where can I see the rest?

Top Bottom