How to change email preferences for individual watched items?

Deepmartini

I don't see this anywhere in the user profile area. Also when I clicked on the link in the watched email, the only option was to stop watching the item. There was no option to just turn off email alerts but continue to get site alerts on that particular item.

I'm trying to cut down on the number of emails I receive and have a lot of watched items I want to continue to monitor but only when I log into the site.

Is there a feature to enable people to disable an email alert but keep watching it on the site?

Unfortunately, I have noticed (or at least not found) that there is no way to select and unwatch (via email only) all of the threads without going through each of them 1 by 1 and unchecking that option. In your profile preference http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences you can deselect the "and receive email notifications of replies" checkbox but that only applies to future threads and posts and not previous ones you were watching. A very annoying "bug" in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I have noticed (or at least not found) that there is no way to select and unwatch (via email only) all of the threads without going through each of them 1 by 1 and unchecking that option. In your profile preference http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences you can deselect the "and receive email notifications of replies" checkbox but that only applies to future threads and posts and not previous ones you were watching. A very annoying "bug" in my opinion.

Yes I noticed that as well. Also the options in the footer of the emails appear to be different for threads and for resources. The wording isn't the same and it's confusing. See images.

message.webp

resource.webp

Yes I noticed that as well. Also the options in the footer of the emails appear to be different for threads and for resources. The wording isn't the same and it's confusing. See images.
It's a new 1.2 feature so add-ons need to be updated to support it. The RM generally doesn't do anything that's 1.2 specific (other than making some responsive changes).

Top Bottom