How to change avatar dimension?

Tempest

Hello. I'm very new to xF. I read up a little and I know that the core files need to be edited so that the avatar dimensions can be configured to my liking. What I would like to ask is how do I go about doing this? I just want the avatar dimension that is displayed in posts to be 150x150. Where is the file that I edit and what do I edit it to? Please help in detail, I really don't know much about xF right now.

Thanks,
Tempest

It would be a lot easier to use the 192x192 'large' avatars on posts (which incidentally looks great).

In template message_user_info replace:
Code:
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" />
With:
Code:
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="l" />

Then in Style Properties > Message Layout:
Set User Info Container > Width to 220px
and Content Container > Margin Left to 240px

Take a look at any thread on my forum if you want to see how this looks.

Thanks a bunch mate, really appreciate it. I actually saw the avatar size increased on your site first and then needed help doing it on mine when I couldn't find a setting for it in the ACP. =)

It would be a lot easier to use the 192x192 'large' avatars on posts (which incidentally looks great).

Code:
With:
Code:

Take a look at any thread on my forum if you want to see how this looks.

I wanted to say thanks. I'm going to play w/ this later tonight & see if I can't use all 3 sizes based on the usergroup!!

Code:
With:
Code:

I followed your directions to use large avs for some usergroups and these directions to center the av in the box. where you changed the avs size I did an if else

Code:
            <xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 3,4,5,9,12,20}">
            <xen:else />
            </xen:if>

here's the result

Screenshot_4.webp

I don't like how the small avs look though. anyone have suggestions on how to make it look better? maybe they need to be centered in the box or the whole box smaller & tight to the posts on the right. i've been trying to play w/ it without breaking medium avs in other locations w/ no luck.

Top Bottom