XF 1.3 How to bulk spam clean with a list of user_ids ?

Stuart Wright

Hello folks,
I have run a query which shows the contents of the home page field.
I've exported it to an Excel spreadsheet.
We have about 5,100 not-banned members with contents in their home page field and just browsing the list, I can see that most have put a spam URL in there.
I know they will get zero benefit from their work, but their accounts are worthless and I want to get rid of them and hit them with a stopforumspam submission.
What I want to do is work on the list to remove the genuine looking users and spam clean the rest.
Would a batch script to bulk spam clean be difficult to create?
Thanks

It's not possible - the spam cleaner can only be run against individual members.
... which is why I'm curious if Stuart came up with something. ;) It's not unusual for him to farm out custom jobs as needed or even bespoke add-ons. If he came up with something it might me also looking at his solution rather than me doing an inline spam cleaner on aprox. 800 threads.

(I'm cleaning up a bunch of crap from a merged forum, they banned spammers & moved the threads to a private forum rather than cleaning up the content. I'm now trying to purge it all out.)

Can't you just batch update and delete the threads?
Or even use inline moderation and select all on the page?

If the spammers are already banned, there's no reason to run the spam cleaner on them.

Can't you just batch update and delete the threads?
Or even use inline moderation and select all on the page?

If the spammers are already banned, there's no reason to run the spam cleaner on them.
I'm trying to cleanly get their accounts cleaned up as well so that I can then do a "purge banned accounts with zero posts" run at the end. If I just delete the threads it leaves the post counts.

Provided the forum counts posts, deleted the threads will update their message counts.

You can manually update message counts for users in the control panel if needed as well.

Top Bottom