XF 2.2 How to back up your forum

80sDude

I remember back in the days backing up vbulletin with mySql but l'm wondering if that is the method of doing it with Xen and two if so can somebody refresh my memory on how it's done? Thanks

That is the folder ABOVE what is accessible from the website root/base folder, in my case. Example:
home/peter/backups

website might be in
home/peter/www (home/peter/public_html)
I see.. So If I wanted to leave it in the same are as public_html I would just go home/backup?

I see.. So If I wanted to leave it in the same are as public_html I would just go home/backup?
well if you leave it in public_html, someone could technically access your files from the web. (if they knew the path)

the previous folder (or sub folders of it) would be more secure, and you could access them via FTP if you wanted to download the contents offsite.

well if you leave it in public_html, someone could technically access your files from the web. (if they knew the path)

the previous folder (or sub folders of it) would be more secure, and you could access them via FTP if you wanted to download the contents offsite.
So basically public_html/sample/backups would work right?

Further to my post #18 above the Access denied message is :

12:21:15 Dumping DBName (xf_class_extension)
Running: /Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/MacOS/mysqldump --defaults-file="/var/folders/8v/hclstpf56f953879w7xwy2jm0000gn/T/tmpvNktUJ/extraparams.cnf" --user=XXXXXXX --host=123.123.123.123:3306 --protocol=tcp --port=3306 --default-character-set=utf8 --skip-triggers --column-statistics=0 "DBname" "xf_class_extension"
mysqldump: Error: 'Access denied; you need (at least one of) the PROCESS privilege(s) for this operation' when trying to dump tablespaces

NB I've redacted/changed sensitive information from the message.

This message appears 215 times in my log :(.

I've 215 files in my off-site back up, therefore it's appearing for every file there's an error logged.

However when I check the file size of my overall back up it's 51Mb the same as the DB size according to the server stats via my hosts control panel.

So I'm a little perplexed being a newbie to these things, has my DB been backed up or not?

mysqldump: Error: 'Access denied; you need (at least one of) the PROCESS privilege(s) for this operation' when trying to dump tablespaces

You need to grant privileges for the MySQL user.
I’m too receiving the said error while backing up the XF database.

Is it fine to backup XenForo database with “--no-tablespaces” without losing anything important?

I read that granting Process Privilege presents security issues: Be careful with the PROCESS privilege.

Some light on this matter by XenForo team will be much appreciated.

I am running 2 cron jobs for backing up my DB.
One runs every 6 hours and makes a incr backup.
Once a week the other cron runs a full backup. This is around 29 GB.
They are hot backups. Means i don't shut down the forum.

Since i use Percona Mysql i use their Scripts. Can be used also with Mysql or Maria (they also have their own tool)

After the cron is finished another cron with rclone send the backups to my Cloud space.

The forum itself i backed up 1 Time into the cloud space. One time is enough because the size of my forum is 386 GB.
So every 3 hours rclone sync it with the cloud.

Top Bottom