how to avoid members copying your css and images

Senpai

hello XF members i wanted to know if this is possible , theres this guy copying everything i got on my site like my account upgrades sparkly colors my smilies and my forum ranks i was wondering if i could do something like when they try to copy css and they load inspect elemnt if it showed random symbols .
and when someone try's to copy your image address and when they put it on their site show my websites logo rather then the smilie

Not that I'm aware of. One time I paid to have an awesome custom theme designed and in less than two weeks someone ripped the whole style and using it on another site. If someone wants something bad enough they'll figure out a way to get it.

Not that I'm aware of. One time I paid to have an awesome custom theme designed and in less than two weeks someone ripped the whole style and using it on another site. If someone wants something bad enough they'll figure out a way to get it.
ahh i wish there was a modifcation i know its possible because i've done it for my blog

ahh i wish there was a modifcation i know its possible because i've done it for my blog
Can you post a link to the modification you use on your blog?

It's probably easily circumvented, to be honest. You can't get around the fact that the browser has to download the raw CSS and images from your server at some point. It might be a successful deterrent though.

Can you post a link to the modification you use on your blog?

It's probably easily circumvented, to be honest. You can't get around the fact that the browser has to download the raw CSS and images from your server at some point. It might be a successful deterrent though.
i achieved it but its only for guest members im trying to figure it out for members too but i disabled the right click so now they cant use copy or inspect element

Code:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--

//Disable right mouse click Script
//By Maximus (maximus@nsimail.com) w/ mods by DynamicDrive
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

var message="Right click is disabled for guests!";

///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE4(){
if (event.button==2){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}

function clickNS4(e){
if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){
if (e.which==2||e.which==3){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}

if (document.layers){
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
document.onmousedown=clickNS4;
}
else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){
document.onmousedown=clickIE4;
}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false")

// -->
</script>
</xen:if>

To change the error message that will appear to guests when right clicking at your forum, change this part:

Code:
var message="Right click is disabled for guests!";

to anythuing you want

Code:
var message="Your custom message here";

i achieved it but its only for guest members im trying to figure it out for members too
Just remove the <xen:if> tags around it to enable it for all members.

i disabled the right click so now they cant use copy or inspect element
That might stop some people, but Ctrl+Shift+I or just going to the menu (hamburger icon) > More Tools > Developer Tools will still bring up the inspector.

Just remove the <xen:if> tags around it to enable it for all members.

That might stop some people, but Ctrl+Shift+I or just going to the menu (hamburger icon) > More Tools > Developer Tools will still bring up the inspector.
I'll look into that there's soo much ways to disable the button but not ire about xenforo

You might be able to override the keyboard shortcut, but you can't remove the Chrome menu item no matter what you do. Somebody could also just disable JavaScript, in which case none of the protections would work at all.

If someone is determined enough to copy your images and CSS, there's really nothing you can do to prevent it. I don't think it's worth worrying about.

You might be able to override the keyboard shortcut, but you can't remove the Chrome menu item no matter what you do. Somebody could also just disable JavaScript, in which case none of the protections would work at all.

If someone is determined enough to copy your images and CSS, there's really nothing you can do to prevent it. I don't think it's worth worrying about.
I wa thinking of making the site Into flash so there's no inspect element and staff but then is it possible and I think Xenforo don't use JavaScript

Flash is an outdated technology that's on its way out the door. Your protections (and XenForo) do use JavaScript, as indicated by the <script> tags.

You may think they have, but there is always someone smarter than them, and if they wanted, they would rip it.

You may think they have, but there is always someone smarter than them, and if they wanted, they would rip it.
If I made it harder for them I think stealers wouldn't really waste so much time on just copying a CSS or a picture

Top Bottom