XF 1.4 How to avoid caps in the whole forum?

Boils

Hello, i want to avoid those people that write like this:

"HEY WHY I CANNOT WRITE LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE I LIKE TO WRITE IN CAPS BECAUSE I THINK THEY WILL PAY MORE ATTENTION TO WHAT IM SAYING."

Turning that to:

"Hey why i cannot write like normal people i like to write in caps because i think they will pay more atention to what im saying"

literally, convert all mayus but the first capital letter to small letters, whenever an user write like above. For thread tittle and content.

Thanks.

I found:

Automatically Adjust Case of Discussion Titles

That would fix my issue with titles, are there any way to do the same for a post content?

There is no option for it.

Additionally, it would prevent users from legitimately using capital letters.

Hence why the best way to manage it is via moderation.

Hello,

You can use this solution that works. Go to the templates of your styles and search for "EXTRA.css". Then, add this:
Code:
.messageText
{
    text-transform: lowercase;
}

.messageText:first-letter
{
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

If the user writes something like "HEEELOOOOOO", the result will be "Heeeloooooo".

Last edited:
That will also break things, like 'who is Dylan' which will become 'who is dylan' and other proper names and such.

The only reasonable way with an addon would be to use regex to check posts on submission and change repeating caps exceeding a specified amount of characters..you would basically need to create the logic for it in regex so that it does not match false positives for caps spam for things that actually need caps even if in the middle of a string.

That will also break things, like 'who is Dylan' which will become 'who is dylan' and other proper names and such.

The only reasonable way with an addon would be to use regex to check posts on submission and change repeating caps exceeding a specified amount of characters..you would basically need to create the logic for it in regex so that it does not match false positives for caps spam for things that actually need caps even if in the middle of a string.
Yes, I've noticed that too. It's complicated to control what user wants to write.

There is an addon for this that I used on vB4... it would only do the case correction if more than x number of caps were used in a row, so it wouldn't mess with legitimate caps usage. It was great. WANT this addon for XenForo!

Seems devs don't care about customers. Can't believe vB can do this and xenforo is not capable of doing it. As dave said the issue is not user writing one word with CAPS but a whole sentence or all its entire thread with CAPS. So adding a rule where there is more than "X" qty of words with CAPS then transform them to minus.

Please add this to xenforo or i will have to go somewhere else, I dont have time nor mods to control this behavior and it is ****ing disgusting to reply my community when they do write like ****ing apes. I expect software to improve my life, hope xenforo does this.

Top Bottom