how to allow a moderator to promote users to specific user groups?

is it possible to allow a moderator the ability to promote a user to specific user groups? if so, how do i do it?

Background info:
i have a node category for "Mental Health", and for the safety and privacy of the users, i have made it viewable only to users in the "MH Access" user group. i have a moderator handling the nodes under the "Mental Health" category, and i would like this moderator permission to add people to the "MH Access" group as needed (and remove offenders as needed).

How should this be best achieved?
Thanks in advance for any help.

~Travis

The developer of this add-on has deprecated it and removing access to it on September 1st, unless another developer takes it on.

It is a nice add-on.

NixFifty, who was the original developer has taken it over.

seems to work, and i have added it. :) i will play around with it and make sure i know how to use it so i can do a write-up for my moderator.
Many Thanks!

~Travis

Another way is to set it up in the Warnings system. It's a roundabout way, but you can issue zero-point warnings that won't be a count against a member. But the Warnings system lets you assign secondary usergroups easily. We primarily use ours to take away permissions (such as denying access to a specific forum, removing avatar privileges, etc.), but there is no reason a warning could have a moderator select a usergroup that added a permission instead.

Warnings is an approach that works. There is an add-on that can be used to categorise Warnings and their points and keep categories separate; so, rathr like running several instances of "Warning" in parallel on a user account. By using this - and mentally dissociate the term "Warning" from being about bad things - you can issue a "positive" warning that accrues points and then use the promotions cheme to add usergroups.

See https://xenforo.com/community/threa...dit-users-secondary-group.186747/post-1471220

Top Bottom