XF 1.2 How To Add This Customization?

akhilaniyan

Hi.

I just saw feature in a famous xenforo forum site, they are displaying "STAFF" in right corner of the staff member posts. Did anyone know how to do this?

3csd.png

Hi.

I just saw feature in a famous xenforo forum site, they are displaying "STAFF" in right corner of the staff member posts. Did anyone know how to do this?

3csd.png

You could try and change to your styling preference just add to EXTRA.CSS template.

Code:
.message.staff  .messageContent:after{
float: right;
content:"STAFF";
font-size: 30px;
padding: 10px;
opacity: 0.3;
}

output is the following:

Screenshot_2.webp

:p

Nice @Shelley, hadn't thought about trying it that way, guess the "Staff" part could be style also.

This is what I have on pixelExit at the moment, clicking the Staff "button" starts a conversation with the Staff member.

View attachment 55105

Nice :) I did play with the staff class once or twice and had something like blizzard had with the avatar glow/image and different message colouring but it was too much work and needed too much support to post if people ran into trouble with it.

Found it. http://xenforo.com/community/thread...moderator-formatting.33331/page-2#post-400955

Might come back to this again at some point and play further with it.

blizzzy.webp

We had to do that exact thing for the firefall game forums. Your right about the support, it would likely be a constant thing to keep up with.

Last edited:
@OP or anyone interested in placement the following seems to work well if you want an alternative with an image though you'll have to adjust pending on font size you set etc. Haven't tested it in all browsers so unsure if there's any adverse issues.

Code:
.message.staff .messageContent:before {
font-size: 16px;
font-family: 'Georgia';
padding: 5px 10px 5px 25px;
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/admin_markup.png") no-repeat scroll 5px 10px #90d666;
border: 1px solid #6ea84a;
border-radius: 3px;
color: white;
text-shadow: 0 0 3px #54803a;
}

Output is as follows

Screenshot_5.webp

@OP or anyone interested in placement the following seems to work well if you want an alternative with an image though you'll have to adjust pending on font size you set etc. Haven't tested it in all browsers so unsure if there's any adverse issues.

Code:
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/admin_markup.png") no-repeat scroll 5px 10px #90d666;
}

Output is as follows

View attachment 55109

This looks cool...I'm new in xenforo...can you please tell me, where i add these codes?

Code:
}

Output is as follows

View attachment 55109

Well This look great.. Can you please tell me how to remove that icon in it. And please tell me how to align it to center(because, if we removed the icon, their will be a blank space will come in the icon space like the given below image, so, i need to align the text "staff" to center)..

lnin.png

To get the following look you'll notice I used padding: 5px 10px; so this might be more suitable for you.

Screenshot_7.webp

I used the following

Code:
padding: 5px 10px;
background-color: #90d666;