1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How to add the entire Node-Chain to the URL structure? + 2 more questions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Alexey.P, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

I have 3 important questions regard XenForo URL structure.

1. How to add the entire Node-Chain to the URL structure?
    For example, I have a category, inside I have a forum and in there I have a Sub-Forum, the current URL structure will be:

I want to have the entire Node-Tree at the URL structure, for example:

2. How can I remove the number suffix from the forums URL structure? .42/ in this example above

3. How can I remove /forums/ from the structure?

Thanks in advance,

p.s -> great work XF!, I really like the forum that I bought.
    p.s2 -> great mods and styles from the community, very impressive and creative peoples at this community :)
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1 and 3 cannot be done. The second one is "URL Portion" in the node settings.
  3. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

Well, then unfortunately I am facing a major issue in terms of SEO, duplicate URL structure is quite bad, even worse then duplicate content.

I end up with 12 pages, all of them with the same URL structure, well 99% the same if you do not include the number 42, 43, etc..
  4. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

Is there any way at least to do that from the core files?
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I do not believe so no. The SEO in XenForo is fantastic and a quick search of the forums will show success stories or the system's default URLs.
  6. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

Yeah don't get me wrong, they did great job in terms of SEO, they make up by using Breadcrumb, but that section names @ URL would be simply sweet.