How to add nodes in the demo mode

BuzzK

I want to set up a "dummy" Xenforo page or pages using different nodes as a pre-sales exercise.

In other words, I want to add categories and sub-categories in the demo (free) mode so that I and the people I am trying to convince to use it can see how it might look.

Is this possible -- and if so, how?

Thanks

It might be possible, it depends on what exactly the people you want to convince, should be able to do.

You can setup categories and sub categories which are visible to everyone.
Via the permissions system you can use the unregistered/guests permissions to give guest permissions to do certain things like give them permissions to post a thread for example.
However, everybody would be able to do this then, including malicious users.

If you only want them to view, just give the unregistered/guest viewing permissions, which is the default normally.

It might be possible, it depends on what exactly the people you want to convince, should be able to do.

You can setup categories and sub categories which are visible to everyone.
Via the permissions system you can use the unregistered/guests permissions to give guest permissions to do certain things like give them permissions to post a thread for example.
However, everybody would be able to do this then, including malicious users.

If you only want them to view, just give the unregistered/guest viewing permissions, which is the default normally.
Thanks for your suggestions.

The problem I'm having is trying to figure out HOW to create subcategories in the Demo mode. Is it even possible?

Last edited:
Top Bottom