How to add images to the navigation bar

How to add images to the navigation bar 1.0

No permission to download
Yeah the masking might be the cause, Try the attachment in this post. :)

Elimination of the 'gap' complete :)

But, the image just kinda stopping at the end of the header doesn't feel right to me. Don't worry Shelley, you've done enough. The awesome snow on the nav images are going to work just fine for TVT ;)

Thanks again for your help! I'm sure it'll help some others using the image now :D

TVT_Snow_BG2.webp

I've also added mine to

Code:
#content {
background-image: url(styles/default/shelley_snow_bg.png);
}

It looks pretty good but how do I add it to the footer bit?

That looks great. I think it's a bit much in fixed width screens on bigger monitors, i will just end up counting the dots.

I've also added mine to

Code:
#content {
background-image: url(styles/default/shelley_snow_bg.png);
}

It looks pretty good but how do I add it to the footer bit?

• Appearance
  • Styles
  • Master Style
  • Style Property Groups
Style Properties: General >>Body

And add the snow_bg layer in the background field

Just noticed that the snow images weren't showing in IE and remembered that Kier posted something about it.

So, for us 'copy and paste' coders.....where do I add this? Within the existing helper code that Brogan shared in the first post? I'm using all three images, so just need to make sure that I'm doing things correctly :)

And to clarify that comment... ;)

You'll need to do something like this in order to allow multiple background images to work in browsers that support it, without IE lunching itself:

Code:
/* IE8 */
background: url('snow_l.png') top left no-repeat;

/* Decent browsers */
background: url('snow_l.png') top left no-repeat,
	url('snow_r.png') top right no-repeat,
	url('snow_c.png') top center no-repeat;

/* IE6, IE7 */
_background: url('snow_l.png') top left no-repeat;

That's going to show ONE of the background images in IE, but IE does not support multiple images, no matter what code you use.

Guys I'm going crazy here, can you tell me how much snow images you see at the header at www.teeveetown.com/forum ?

My IE sees one (correct), my Chrome sees three (correct), but my Firefox shows one (should be showing three). I've cleared cache and all, but I still see one.

Top Bottom