XF 1.1 how to add another user to "Super Administrator" ?

erich37

I would like to add another user-account to be a Super-Administrator.
So literally when I setup the Forum, I had my first created account being the Super-Administrator, but now I would like to change all Administrator-rights from the current user-account to another user-account.

I have set the new user to be in the user-group of "Administrator", but I can not log-in into the ACP with this account.

How to do this properly please ?

Appreciate your help!

Here is the info, I hope this isn't sensitive and I shouldn't be broadcasting it everywhere lol, let me know if it is!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 1.30.41 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 1.30.41 PM.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 51
The easiest way is probably to FTP the file to your local computer so you can easily look through it. As you look through, using the info from this thread, you should be able to add other users as Super Admins (note I had issue with what the real ID was). Once modified, you can then overwrite the original with the FTP program. (If on a Mac, I use Transmit, an excellent GUI FTP program.)

Click on the File Manager icon.

Navigate to the library folder.

Download the config.php file.

Edit it to add the user ID.

Save and upload it to the server, overwriting the existing file.

Ensure you use a program such as Notepad++ to edit it, and not something like Word.

So in that screen shot, you will see the CPanel items (toward the bottom of the image) about creating an FTP account. Create yourself an FTP account, and then get an FTP program that will let you navigate to, and download the config.php file. Edit it on your computer, and then you can use the same FTP program to put it back. I suggest making a local copy of the original file "just in case" something goes wrong.

Okay it was a success!
No thanks to me, I had help.
Okay, she did ask this question, not sure what she ended up doing
"We have two config files config.php and config2.php"
Are you supposed to edit both?

Click on the File Manager icon.

Navigate to the library folder.

Download the config.php file.

Edit it to add the user ID.

Save and upload it to the server, overwriting the existing file.

Ensure you use a program such as Notepad++ to edit it, and not something like Word.

Hello, I've done exactly that however after I press save and type in my website it shows me an error:

The www.websitename.com page isn’t working
www.websitename.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

How could I fix this problem?

Top Bottom