How to add a new sidebar in the forum list

How to add a new sidebar in the forum list 1.0

No permission to download

Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann submitted a new resource:

How to add a new sidebar in the forum list (version 1.0) - I will teach you how to add a new sidebar with a custom content in the forum list page.

I will teach you how to add a new sidebar with a custom content in the forum list page.

This is the final result:

View attachment 26008

I strongly recommend you to read my others tutorials to know better how XenForo works:

How to show a forum in a page
How to read and write into the...

Read more about this resource...

Say I want to make a Who's Online sidebar to show throughout the whole forum, including in threads. With this resource would I be able to do it by creating the who's online sidebar as an add-on and calling it into the thread_list and thread_view template by adding the template code? For instance: <xen:include template="custom_sidebar_online_users" /> since regular sidebar_online_users template doesn't work in pages other than the forum_list template.

Credit were it's due Fuhrmann, I've spotted you posting a few very detailed good tutorials now for people to use.

What is the name of this addon once installed? is it Tutorial New Sidebar ?

I see an addon installed that I did not install, I searched xen and this is the result.

Addon could have been installed by someone I hired before. I'm checking all of my addons if compatible with 1.2

Nice tutorial, However how can I send a variable and display on that widget?

For example:

$variable = 'testing'
how can I send this and display it to that sidebar?

Top Bottom