1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained How to add a new sidebar in the forum list 1.0

I will teach you how to add a new sidebar with a custom content in the forum list page.

1. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Fuhrmann submitted a new resource:

How to add a new sidebar in the forum list (version 1.0) - I will teach you how to add a new sidebar with a custom content in the forum list page.

Read more about this resource...

blidi and mrGTB like this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Say I want to make a Who's Online sidebar to show throughout the whole forum, including in threads. With this resource would I be able to do it by creating the who's online sidebar as an add-on and calling it into the thread_list and thread_view template by adding the template code? For instance: <xen:include template="custom_sidebar_online_users" /> since regular sidebar_online_users template doesn't work in pages other than the forum_list template.

3. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

I may say, yes.

4. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

In case someone needs it, this it how you add a sidebar in every page, without CSS or template edits. Nothing fancy, just some really basic stuff. Credit goes to Mike and Kier for making every developer's life so easy. :)

Shelley likes this.
  5. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Credit were it's due Fuhrmann, I've spotted you posting a few very detailed good tutorials now for people to use.

Fuhrmann likes this.
  6. phaze3131

phaze3131 Active Member

What is the name of this addon once installed? is it Tutorial New Sidebar ?

I see an addon installed that I did not install, I searched xen and this is the result.

Addon could have been installed by someone I hired before. I'm checking all of my addons if compatible with 1.2

7. kimchuy

kimchuy Member

Nice tutorial, However how can I send a variable and display on that widget?

For example:

$variable = 'testing'
    how can I send this and display it to that sidebar?