XF 2.2 How to add a forum/thread/post header to container?

Hello!

This will probably be more than one code and if it's a stretch than it's ok to tell me (since I'll have to change node values too reflect the header) but I am attempting to create a label header for each category- right under the block header. I assume I am going to have to add a new div somewhere in the block container and mess around with reorganizing the block/nodes, but just wanted to see if anyone knew a quick work around or the best way to start.

I am trying to achieve a look like this:

Thanks!

Check out: template: node_list_category

Right below the </h2> will add the content you want in that position.
Hey Russ! Thank you so much, definitely the right spot.

Don't know if you can help me further (or want to) but now I am running into new issues creating a table within the div, every time I add <table> to the HTML, it stacks the cells instead of making them side by side (even using <td>) and I am now dreading turning the node into a cell block (which eventually I would like to add a moderator block for each forum if possible)

Code:
<div class="thead">
<tr align="center">
<td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
<td class="thead" width="100%" align="left">Forum</td>
<td class="thead" width="225" align="center">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Last Post&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
<td class="thead">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Threads&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
<td class="thead">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Posts&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>
<td class="thead">Moderator</td>
</tr>
</div>
Css:

td.thead, th.thead, div.thead {
padding: 4px;
white-space: nowrap;
display: table;
}

.thead {
background: #373737;
box-shadow:
inset 0 1px 2px rgba(55,55,55,0.3),
inset 0 -1px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.3),
0 1px 1px rgba(55,55,55,0.9);
color: #FFFFFF;
font: bold 11px tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
}
This is what I got so far though
and what it looks like with <table>

Anyway, gonna keep messing with it... anyone with insight, I will love the help!!!

Edit: And I will also say I am intermediate with this stuff so if I sound like an idiot at any point, I do apologize :giggle:

Last edited:
Hey Russ! Thank you so much, definitely the right spot.

Don't know if you can help me further (or want to) but now I am running into new issues creating a table within the div, every time I add <table> to the HTML, it stacks the cells instead of making them side by side (even using <td>) and I am now dreading turning the node into a cell block (which eventually I would like to add a moderator block for each forum if possible)

Code:

Css:

This is what I got so far though
and what it looks like with <table>

Anyway, gonna keep messing with it... anyone with insight, I will love the help!!!

Edit: And I will also say I am intermediate with this stuff so if I sound like an idiot at any point, I do apologize :giggle:
Update: Got it working with defining table/Div width as 100% and setting fixed width for each <th> (not <td>.. guess I had it backwards) , now onto matching it with nodes.

Top Bottom