1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How to access the thank you page for confirming registration

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Dike Drummond, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Dike Drummond

Dike Drummond New Member

I want to edit the thank you page people are taken to after the link confirming registration in the registration email.

In my forum it looks like this:
    http://support.thehappymd.com/hubfs/images/RegConfLinkClickReturnPageDEFAULT.jpg

I want to change the text to tell them where to go next to pay for their subscription and give a link to that page.

I believe you must edit this phrase to accomplish this and that HTML is allowed
    your_email_has_been_confirmed_and_your_registration_is_now_complete

How can I view the confirmation page to proof my edits and test that the new page works.

Thanks a bunch for any tips you can supply.

Dike
    Dike Drummond
    www.physiciansonpurpose.com

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are various ways you could do it but the easiest is probably to create a test page node and enter the HTML, etc. there, then transfer the content to the phrase/template once you are happy with it.

3. Dike Drummond

Dike Drummond New Member

Then how do I view the actual confirmation page to proof it and test links
    Do I have to resubscribe with another dummy account?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You don't need to view that specific page if you just want to check the formatting, layout, and URLs of your customisations.

It's just rendered HTML and CSS.

5. Dike Drummond

Dike Drummond New Member

I will preview it before I go live. You have WAY more faith in the code than I do for sure.

I believe you are saying to me that another dummy account is the only way to do that ... yes?