How popular are Profile posts on your Forum?

Converting from another forum software that didn't have this feature. Debating whether to enable or disable it after converting to XF. Do your users find Profile posts useful? Do they use it very much. I'm guessing most of my users wouldn't use this feature and content would be less visible / harder to find, so rather than encouraging social engagement it may be a net negative in that regard, so maybe less is more? Thoughts?
my users literally confuse profile messages with PMs. I have ciclicarly delete lot of them! I absolutely need to found a way to disable them for all usergroups!

It depends on how you use and structure them. In my project they will be fundamental. And essential, above all.
People are now used to a social interface

I'm heavily leaning toward disabling them. I don't see much value in them and my users are getting confused as well.

If they allowed uploads I would promote them more (in other words give them better exposure via widget). But the little text update w/o being able to upload is useless in the meme era.

I do have a site that heavily uses it but it is not XF. And one site that does not, which is XF.

Top Bottom